At the time I was just looking for something to alleviate pain. What surprised and amazed me was how quickly my body began to not just feel better, but get stronger. Soon I was able to start reintroducing exercise and movement and I haven't looked back since.
It was this experience that inspired me to train as a
teacher and help others create positive long term changes. I love sharing the
potential for Pilates to improve physical function and ease of movement, while bringing greater harmony to mind and body.
My teaching style combines modern and classical Pilates approaches with an emphasis on mindful movement, breath and precision. I particularly enjoy working 1-2-1 and in small groups with people who have existing physical imbalances or movement issues.
You can read a selection of client reviews on this site or visit via google my business and the Catford Pilates facebook page to see more.
I trained with Sasha McLennan at Precision Pilates and am a certified Pilates Foundation matwork teacher. My training
included a strong grounding in anatomy and physiology, current
bio-mechanical thinking and modifications to
suit client needs. I also hold a YMCA Level 3 Diploma in Teaching
Pilates and am on the Register of Exercise Professionals.
I continue to develop my Pilates knowledge and practice and regularly attend professional development workshops with leading UK and international presenters, including:
- Centred: movement is breath with Madelaine Black
- Biotensegrity: mat workshop and class with Elizabeth Larkham
- Stretch by Stealth for Effective Structural Mobilisation with Hana Jones
- Backcare workshop with Mary Thornton
- Introduction to the Melt Method with Sue Hitzmann
- Hip, Knee & Shoulder Replacements with Michael Gale
- Training the upper body with Nicky Chrysostomou
- The distal core: our relationship from the extremities to the centre with Sarah Doherty
- Orbit workshop with Nicky Chrysostomou
- Creative matwork with small apparatus with Serafino Ambrosio
- Lower leg anatomy, injuries and exercises with Nicky Chrysostomou
Please do get in touch to discuss how Pilates can help you. You can contact me to:
- book a 1-2-1 or small group session
- join a group matwork class
- ask for more information
- arrange a phone call to discuss your needs.
Call 07786 072 337