At the time I was just looking for something to alleviate pain. What surprised and amazed me was how quickly my body began to not just feel better, but get stronger.
It was this experience that inspired a career change and I now teach full-time, working with clients aged 18 to 80. I love sharing the
potential for Pilates to improve physical function and ease of movement, while bringing greater harmony to mind and body.
I completed matwork teacher training with the Pilates Foundation and reformer teacher training with Balanced Body Master Trainer Nikki Chrysostomou with whom I've also taken training in the Chair. I trained in pre and postnatal pilates with Caroline Anthony, founder of the Centre for Women's Fitness.
In addition I hold a YMCA level 3 diploma in teaching Pilates and am on the Register of Exercise Professionals.
I continue to develop my Pilates knowledge and practice and regularly attend professional development workshops with leading UK and international movement experts, including:
- Centred: movement is breath with Madelaine Black
- Biotensegrity: mat workshop and class with Elizabeth Larkham
- Stretch by Stealth for Effective Structural Mobilisation with Hana Jones
- Backcare workshop with Mary Thornton
- Introduction to the Melt Method with Sue Hitzmann
- Hip, Knee & Shoulder Replacements with Michael Gale
- Training the upper body with Nikki Chrysostomou
- The distal core: our relationship from the extremities to the centre with Sarah Doherty
- Orbit workshop with Nikki Chrysostomou
- Creative matwork with small apparatus with Serafino Ambrosio
- Lower leg anatomy, injuries and exercises with Nikki Chrysostomou
- Body Mind Centering with Anne Marie Zulkahari
Please do get in touch to discuss how Pilates can help you. You can contact me to:
- book a 1-2-1 or small group session
- join a group matwork class
- ask for more information
- arrange a phone call to discuss your needs.
Call 07786 072 337